Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I am SO ready to quit

Okay, I've been quiet for a long while, but there's been nothing to moan, whinge, whine or carry on about.

Now that I'm back in my old old job (oh yeah, I don't work at the bank anymore) I have whinge material.

I am rostered off today. That usually means that I don't have to go to work because, as I said, I am rostered off.

Apparently, it also means that I have to put up with idiot reps from the agency ringing me AT HOME and asking "Is this Tanja? Where are you?" Er, you rang me, why not tell me where I am?

The conversation went like this:

A: Why are you not at work?
m: Coz I'm rostered off
A: for what reason?
m: because I have a psych appointment?
A: Why wasn't I notified of this?
m: because I told the company and figured you'd be told, and I forgot
A: is this an ongoing thing?
m: yes it is
A: Why wasn't i notified of this?
m: because I thought I could work around it? Because I didn't think it would be an issue
A: From now on, any medical appointments need to be made AFTER HOURS (she actually raised her voice at this point)
m: Um no, psych appointments can only be made during the day, none of this after hours rubbish, I rescheduled all of my other appointments, but this one is impossible to reschedule, I've told the client this, and she said that's okay
A: (complete change of subject) Oh and you're taking too many days off work
m: I only took one day off, that was the monday between the weekend and cup day, and the client said that was ok too, as they'd given all the staff the option to take the day off or come in..
A: (changes subject) You're coming in late every day
m: um, no I'm not
A: Yes, you are, every day you're late
m: Um, no - you spoke to me early on about being late, I was late twice, and I've not been late since
A: I did not
m: Yes you did, you came in to the office and you spoke to me about my starting time, and I've made every effort to make sure I'm on time every day. The latest I get in is at 6:55 and I'm at my desk by 6:58, which is still before
A: No, you have to be at your desk 5 minutes before start
m: No, I don't. I start at 7. I am logged in and working by 7. Therefore, it doesn't matter what time I sit at my desk, just as long as I'm logged in and keying by 7.
A: Well just see that you do and stop taking time off goodbye

FUCK

OFF

seriously, just fuck right off. I went to a funeral last friday, so I left work early - I wasn't even going to go to the funeral because I've only just re-started in this position but hey, bah. Fuck them - I'm looking for a new job, and as soon as i get one, i'm handing my crap in and i'm telling them to gdiaf asap plskthx.

No comments: